Eco - framed narratives and also Top fantasy

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:06:45 EDT 2002

>Ian wrote:
> > Anyone recommend a similar read (not Foucault's Pendulum, please!)?
>
>Have you tried Eco's Island of the Day Before?

Personally, I like his newspaper columns best. If you want an Eco-like book
that *isn't* by Eco, I can recommend The Dumas Club. I've forgotten the name
of the author, I'm afraid. It's the book that turned into The Ninth Gate, a
film so confusing I had to read the book to figure out what it was about. I
then found that it was a pretty okay story.

Katta

http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj

"Killing ten vampires is a lot harder than killing one."
"Does the word 'duh' mean anything to you?"
(Kristy Swanson made a better Buffy - in a poorer story.)