News from Ansible

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jul 4 18:46:32 EDT 2002

Just read this - don't worry - it starts off worse than it ends.

DIANA WYNNE JONES `had another Hospital Horror in June,' writes Chris
Bell, `when a surgeon told her she had a large tumour he thought had a
95% probability of being malignant. After a mere week of waiting, a
operation [26 June] successfully removed the tumour but left the rest of
Our Heroine pretty much intact; and after another anxious week the biopsy
results came. They said it wasn't malignant after all, and by the time
you read this she will be back home, with no more treatment in prospect,
a very sore mid-section (just don't make her laugh, it's really cruel at
the moment) and a bottle of Moet et Chandon in the fridge. I know the
last for a fact, I've just put it there.'

Hallie.