New Neil Gaiman book at Amazon.com

Jenny Holmstrom jenny.holmstrom at brevet.nu
Mon Jul 1 08:41:50 EDT 2002

Hi!

This might not be news for all of you, but anyway, I got it in my mailbox
today, since I'm receiveing newsletters from amazon.com every now and then.

"Through the Looking Glass and Beyond

Coraline

by Neil Gaiman, Dave McKean (Illustrator)
Coraline lives with her preoccupied parents in part of a huge old house.
Bored on a rainy day, she begins exploring the house, only to discover a
mysterious door behind which is an entirely alternate universe. Inhabitants
of this distorted-mirror world include not only a man made out of live
rats, but Coraline's "other mother" and her "other father"--people who look
just like her own parents, but with big, shiny, black button eyes,
paper-white skin... and a keen desire to keep her on their side of the
door. To make creepy creepier, Neil Gaiman's dark and deliciously strange
Coraline has been illustrated masterfully in scritchy, terrifying ink
drawings by British mixed-media artist and Sandman cover illustrator Dave
McKean. This delightful, funny, haunting, scary as heck, fairy-tale novel
is about as fine as they come. (Ages 11 and older)"

I think it sounds interesting! How about you?

/Jenny