Sandman (Was Re: problem with my posts?

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Mon Jul 1 05:41:55 EDT 2002

Kale wrote:

> ObDWJ: I keep connecting [Gaiman] with DWJ because they
> refer to each other in various ways.  I started
> reading DWJ again when reading a fan comment on the
> similarities between _Howl's Moving Castle_ and
> _Stardust_.

Baffled- what did the fan say the similarities were? I mean, they've both
got magic and a castle in them but that seems about as far as it goes, to
me. The setting, the plot, the story, the characters, the feel all seem
nothing alike.

>BTW, I never really saw this clearly--how
> does _Eight Days of Luke_ connect to _American Gods_
> other than the mythology?

It doesn't, does it? I think Gaiman commented somewhere that when he was
writing it he realised that DWJ had written a book with characters from the
same myths, but I don't think they're supposed to link up in any way.
Jennifer