OT Bookstores

Thu Jan 31 17:21:04 EST 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:55:04 +0000 (GMT), Elizabeth Parks wrote:

>Anybody else read Wolf Tower, or  whatever it's called
>where you are, being the first Claidi book?

Yes.  I liked it a lot.  The sequel, _Wolf Star_, is even better.  _Wolf
Tower_ is excellent in its own right, but it's the second book that gives
the series real depth.  At any rate, Tanith Lee is a top-rate stylist and
handles the journal conceit so well, and the characters are interesting.
The sequel answers some of the nagging questions that the first book leaves
hanging; I won't give away the plot by giving details, but basically the
first book ends with a dramatic action on the part of the heroine, something
she believes will solve a lot of problems.  But it was something that *I*
thought, "In the real world, this would NOT do what she thinks it would."
The sequel picks up on this, because of course I am Always Right and Tanith
Lee is no dummy either.  Anyway, I liked _Wolf Tower_ because it was
entertaining and fun.  I LOVED _Wolf Star_ because suddenly this
entertaining series became heartbreakingly serious and far more mature than
I had expected at first.  I am eager for the next one.

Now, if I can just find cheap copies of the other _Unicorn_ books...I've
almost forgotten how the story goes.

Melissa Proffitt