OT Bookstores

Elizabeth Parks mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 16:55:04 EST 2002

I've just been to Hay-on-Wye, called the used bookstore capital of the
world, and boy is my credit card tired.  It is GORGEOUS.  WONDERFUL.
INCREDIBLE.  And a few years ago  (before DWJ reprints) I would have  done
horrid horrid things for some of the books I passed up.     Ooh, ooh, and
now I'm in London and I've just seen a boxed set of various Chrestomanci
books in  the BIG Waterstones near Piccadilly.  Does anyone else find
themselves continually tempted to purchase books they already have?   I
restrained myself--also almost bought a  few Tanith Lee books (so hard to
find in the US).  Anybody else read Wolf Tower, or  whatever it's called
where you are, being the first Claidi book?

so. . . anyone in/near London want to meet and have coffee?      or,
better ye t, everyone near London want to meet and have coffee ;)?

l izzie

ps--  I 'm now on a  search for Jean Webster books--there's a sequel to
Daddy Long Legs which I think I knew but forgot--I've remembered.