Hexwood -- Catchup

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 10:57:12 EST 2002

Kyla wrote:
>erm...I don't quite recall. I probably found the quotation on a web site
>with zillions of quotations; I tend to remember the ones I actually
>transcribed. Sorry. :^(
>(also, I'm not in the UK. I'm in the US. Just fyi. :^)

Sorry, wasn't clear- I saw from your email addy that you were in the US, so
it was sort of "even people in the UK [where she's from] haven't heard of
her, how did an American happen across her writing?"
Anyway, everybody should go to bookfinder.com right now and order one of her
books, because she's really good. She's a journalist (retired now, I think)
so some of her books are collections of columns, and there are also some
called "How to Survive..."- the quote above is from "How To Survive
Children", I think, and it shows how funny she is, but she's also an acute
and truthful observer and writes well.
Anyway. Back to DWJ.
Jennifer