OT: Sorcery and Cecelia

Elizabeth Parks mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 03:55:29 EST 2002

Yay sequel!  Yay sequel!  Yay sequel!

I've been wondering when we were going to see something new from Patricia
Wrede--last thing she did was that star wars novelization, I think, which
wasn't exactly my style--but I never dared dream it was possible!!!  Wow!
Robyn, you have made my morning, and considering how I feel about
mornings, that's quite a feat.

obDWJ--just like I do with my DWJ books, I'll have to look into multiple
copies of Sorcery and Cecelia (or as I always mentally abbreviate it,
Sorcy and Cecy.)  I've read this book so many times that I know huge
portions of the dialogue.  Which is a rather shaky DWJ reference, but
still. . . when I read Magician's Ward, I kept hoping that a character or
two from S&C would show up--maybe Mairelon or Kim or somebody will cameo
in The Grand Tour.

. . . I hope this means we get to see the Marquis push Kate into a canal!

I hope it's in letters!  I spent ages after I read this book carrying on
letter games with myself.  Much fun.

lizzie