Rhapsody <spoilers>

Rebecca Ganetzky Rebecca.Ganetzky at oberlin.edu
Thu Jan 24 22:30:31 EST 2002

The spoilers are actually for a point in the book that _I_ haven't reached
yet, so, maybe I should avert my face whil I type...
er
SPOILER STARTS HERE: Ros said: "and
has a lovely romance to boot (which flowers in the second volume)" I've
heard that Rhapsody ends up with _Ashe_ (Not that I would have anyway of
knowing this, as I;'ve just hit the first sentence where Ashe's name is
mentioned), and maybe it's just the influence of three Achmed-lovers
before I even read the book, but it makes me very mad.  I _like_ Achmed;
is such a perfect romance setup.  (I'm sure this is _one of those things_
that I will eventually get over, and admit that it is all for the
better...like Alanna and George.  (No, I wasn't rooting for Jonathon; I
liked _Gary_...or at least Raoul of Goldenlake).
But Rhapsody makes my category of soonest-desire-to-reread -- I wanted to
start rereading it when I was halfway through, because I kept wanting to
missed the first time around.  (I was so proud of myself for remembering
the name Gwydion the firsat time Lord Stephen mentioned it -- I'd read the
first parts during the summer.  But then of course I went back and read
the whole first fifty pages)
RDG