Comics and More (was Re: Best of 2001)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Jan 22 08:50:45 EST 2002

Thanks to Deborah for the beautifully organised list of recs.  I
managed to get the Castle Waiting book over the weekend and both Bec
and I really enjoyed it.  I can see why you suggested it might appeal
to DWJ fans.  I also got one of the Hopeless Savage comics, which was
a little difficult to follow as it was issue 4, but *very* funny.

Thanks also to Lizzie for the suggestion of Forbidden Planet (you'd
think this might have occurred to me!).  FP (the Dublin one) is
decidedly not my favourite shop, especially the basement, where the
comics live, but once I'd escaped more or less intact, I had leisure
to reflect on what you all had said about typical comic shops, and
decided FP might actually be pretty good.

Hallie.