Hexwood

christian nutt ferricide at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:01:28 EST 2002

>From: Melissa Proffitt
>
>I think it's because Vierran's mind magic ability is, according to Mordion,
>very strong.  Everyone else seems to completely forget who they really are
>until the "game" is over.  Mordion remembers the truth, but that's because
>he can't break his conditioning unless he does, so I think that's part of
>the Bannus's program as well.  Also, the Bannus is able to control only so
>much; it can't fundamentally change people's personalities.  Hence
>Vierran's
>curiosity about whether her cousin Siri really is as bubble-headed, deep
>down, as her Sylvia personality implies.

well, it's not just vierran who starts to figure it out. since the test is
designed to be solved with people with reigner powers, others start to crack
it apart. sir john, for example. and even though he doesn't immediately
realise it, hume/martellian begins to figure out who he is while the game's
still on; he figures out the dragon is orm and taunts him without even
realising what he's doing.

christian