Eurobarometer survey on young people

Corrick, Georgia g.corrick at southampton.gov.uk
Mon Jan 21 05:42:14 EST 2002

Sallyo said:
> Reading is the only one that isn't a "social" activity - unless one is
> reading aloud. In fact, it's about as unsocial as playing patience!

Would you think so? Although obviously it's easier to watch television or
listen to music in company than to read together, I wd have thought the
activities mostly become social by discussing them with other people later -
wch one can do equally with books (cf this list!) as with music & tele. Both
music and television only necessarily become social if one choose to talk
about them.

Georgia