Hexwood

The Venkarel venkarel.geo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 07:24:12 EST 2002

--- Paul Andinach <pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au>
wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, The Venkarel wrote:
>
> > Well, in case you didn't know, spoilers for
> Hexwood below.
>
> Do we need a spoiler space, do you think?

*snip*
> The question "is it that everything we're reading
> only happens once
> everyone was captured by the Bannus field?" probably
> isn't a useful
> one; the Reigners were probably all in the Bannus
> field before they
> left the homeworld.

I hadn't thought the Bannus field had extended that
far. I accept that it had gone past Hexwood farm, but
not that it covered the entire Earth and beyond.

The Bannus itself is rather scary--like one of those
computers with artificial intelligence that decides it
should now be in charge.  I don't have the book with
me, but I remember how it was very angry, if that's
the word, at how Orm had cheated the Reigner system
and had spent the last thousand(?) years  coming up
with hundreds of scenarios that all ended with Orm's
demise.  (It's all a bit fuzzy, but it was something
like that.)

BTW, what does it mean to be half-lifed?

Venkarel