Hexwood

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jan 18 19:38:37 EST 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Daphne Lee wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why Ann is ill when we first meet her?

The best explanation I've come up with is that when she's bedridden
she has nothing better to do than watch everybody arrive at the Farm.

Being ill may also make her more susceptible to/less likely to notice
the Bannus going "Okay, now it's three days later than it was two
minutes ago" and so on - but given how easily the Bannus manipulates
even the healthy people, I don't think it's a major factor.

> Speaking of which, do people feel that the real Ann/Vierran is Ann?

Not me. Although I do think that Vierran ends up more like Ann than
she was when she started (which is presumably one of the things the
Bannus is aiming for when it makes her spend time as Ann).

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."