Reading while cooking

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 15:07:05 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/18/2002 11:39:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 02:50:43 +1100, Gross Family wrote:
>
>  >I have been known to *read* while actually cooking, at the same
>  >moment--using a see-through recipe book holder...Ah, it's good to know I'm
>  >not the only...um...unusual person in the world!

The Brontes did that, sans see-through recipe book holders, of course (I
suppose they could have rigged something up with a pane of glass). Mrs
Gaskell assures us that "it did not interfere with the bread, which was
always light and excellent" (quoting from memory).

Helen Schinske