Best of 2001

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Jan 17 00:40:06 EST 2002

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Paul Andinach wrote:
|Whereas I've never read anything by Elizabeth Peters (yet); it was the
|Simon Hawke version that introduced me to _The Prisoner of Zenda_.
|(Haven't seen any of the movie versions, either.)

Okay -- someone recently asserted that there's no need to pair
Howl up with anyone else because he and Sophie are perfect for
each other (an assertion with which I completely agree).  Well,
Elizabeth Peters' Amelia and Emerson are exactly the same.  And
she has another couple in a different series which are just as
good but it might be a spoiler to reveal.   And in a very
Howl/Sophie crotchety relationship it is, too.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Can the gods catch flu?  I think I may have given it to all of them.
					-- chrestomanci