Wild Robert (was Re: Comics and More)

Thu Jan 17 00:34:31 EST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:25:43 -0800 (PST), The Venkarel wrote:

>Spoilers for Wild Robert
>

>After Robert was released from the mound, I felt, like
>Heather, that he was acting like a very naughty little
>boy.  But towards the end, when Heather learns how
>Robert got shut in the mound, I felt really bad for
>him.  The ending was a bit of a disappointment to me
>because I felt like DWJ cut us off just when things
>were getting interesting.  I would have liked to hear
>more about Robert's past and how he might be
>completely released from the mound.  I wanted to be
>there when Heather releases him from the mound for the
>day, in the hopes of understanding him.  I wanted to
>see what he would do next.

I agree.  It's the only time I really wanted a sequel to a DWJ
novel--preferably a more adult sequel.  I wanted to see what Robert might
have matured into.  Speaking of Hexwood (actually that's the part I snipped)
I suppose I'm thinking of how young Ann Stavely turns out to be grown-up
Vierran; I wanted to see the kind of young woman Heather would grow up to be
as well.

Melissa Proffitt