Comics and More (was Re: Best of 2001) (OT)

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Jan 16 11:37:59 EST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Gross Family wrote:
|If Sandman is *very* dark, I might try something else first. Then again, it
|depends on what kind of dark...

Sandman gets less dark is the series continues, but it began as a
horror comic, and one of the earliest issues has a really really
extremely nasty self-mutilation scene.  I would start with
something lighter, personally.  Or start in Sandman, mid series.
The Books of Magic original graphic novel (not the compilations
of the Books of Magic series, based on the graphic novel, which
came later) has a very similar feel to Sandman (it is also
written by Gaiman) but is not nearly so dark.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Here is my handle and here is my ... my ...