Best of 2001

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Wed Jan 16 07:23:13 EST 2002

Somebody read Mortal Engines and agree with me on how great it was!

And on the comic front, may I recommend stuff which originated in the
British comic 2000AD, such as ABC Warriors, Nemesis the Warlock, Slaine,
Judge Dredd (who should have been played by Clint Eastwood in that film),
Strontium Dog...
In ABC Warriors there is a brilliant episode in which a new type war droid
is being programmed by a team of psychiatrists. The robot narrates: "Signals
to go back and forth between my master and secondary programs. Contradictory
signals. It's all right to kill humans in battle, but not in camps. When
they murder civilians, it's an atrocity. When we murder civilians, it's
tough retaliatory action. [...] It's good to love animals. Then kill and eat
them. But not children." (written by Pat Mills, 1988-ish)
Ania