Best of 2001

Wed Jan 16 00:36:08 EST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:53:38 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Sally Odgers wrote:
>|TBR I *still* have Cordelia's Honour by the hyphenated lady. I'm sure I'll
>|love it, but too scared to start reading in case I do, and have to find and
>|read the others!
>
>Oh, trust me, they're more addictive than crack.

This had me rolling on the floor.  So true.  Do it, Sally, everybody ELSE
is....  (It's also cheaper than crack.  Or so I hear.  I also have no
personal experience with said substance.)

>Just finished Perilous Gard, which I'd never read before.  I
>liked it lots.

Oh, good!  Definitely way up there on my list of favorites.

I just got back from a long cold trip...out to the East Bench of Salt Lake,
that is, in a car with no working heat or rear-wheel traction.  It's reading
group night; we have our assigned book, but most of our discussion flies off
in other directions such as other books and movies and Buffy.  Next month we
are reading _Sabriel_ and in March, _The Curse of Chalion_.  I am by far the
youngest of the group--I found out tonight that they've been meeting for
about 16 years!

Melissa Proffitt