The Spellcoats and Time Team

Caleb SCWoody423 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 15:06:49 EST 2002

On Monday I watched the first in the new series Time Team (a TV programme
where a group of archaeologists have three days in which to dig up and make
discoveries about their given location). They were investigating a wooden
structure on the Thames by Vauxhall Bridge and tried to reconstruct what the
area would look like 3,500 years ago - marshes, tidal rivers, scattered
settlements. This particularly struck me having just finished The Spellcoats
at the weekend. If this Time Team had been on prior to The Spellcoats being
written I'd have wondered whether DWJ had seen it. One of the things I like
about The Dalemark Quartet is the feel of history, and seeing the
correlations with real history is interesting.

Caleb W.