BBC Radio Scotland

andrew osmond andrew at ozma.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 16:57:16 EST 2002

deborah <deborah at suberic.net> writes

>Heh.  Now I know what you sound like.

Oh dear.

>but andrew, grave of the fireflies?  I saw it double-billed here
>with whisper of the heart and I felt like I'd been kicked in the
>stomach.  I don't know why they paired those two!

Well, considering it was paired with Totoro in Japan... I did warn (I
hope) that it's a very sad film. But I also think it stands up
incredibly well on repeated viewing, and is possibly the best film of
the whole bunch.

>too bad he didn't give you a chance to mention howl...

I did intend too (honest) but of course the section was over very
swiftly.
--
andrew osmond