Best of 2001

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Jan 9 14:10:09 EST 2002

Ven said...

> > > Most Unexpected Discovery:
> >
> > I think this has to be Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials"
trilogy,
> > which I heard people raving about on several mailing lists, so
picked up
> > when I saw it in the library - and now own my own set.
>
> I dunno if it is unexpected when loads of people have recomended
> it <g>

Well, despite all the ravings, I hadn't actually planned to read those
books.  I just happened to see "Northern Lights" in the library and
thought "oh well, might as well see what all the fuss is about".

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Where-e'er you find 'the cooling western breeze,'
In the next line, it 'whispers through the trees':
If crystal streams 'with pleasing murmurs creep,'
The reader's threaten'd (not in vain) with 'sleep'"
-Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"