Err, Westing Game, in regards to Alternate ID, in regards to Reading Style...

Tue Jan 8 12:23:02 EST 2002

On Tue, 08 Jan 2002 06:25:59 +0000, christian nutt wrote:

>yes, i would be rather pleased to hear about this.
>i love, love, love the westing game.
>
>i'm afraid to read any more of ellen raskin's books becuase it only occurred
>to me to check if there are more fairly recently (last 5 years, let's say,
>and i read the westing game originally when i was a single-digit age) .. is
>that something that you would recommend?

This is such a hard call to make, because who knows if what you loved about
_The Westing Game_ is repeated in any of her other books...(I loved WG too
and I re-read it occasionally).

One thing I like about her books, but might be off-putting, is the '70s
flavor.  _The Tattooed Potato and Other Clues_ is the one I like best.  _The
Mysterious Disappearance of Leon (I mean Noel)_ wasn't as good when I was a
kid, but I think it's because I had the wrong expectations of it.  _Figgs
and Phantoms_ is just odd.  Those are just the ones I own and I don't have
more recent memories of any others.

Melissa Proffitt