Green Grow the Rushes O

Tanaqui tweaver at imbolc.ucc.ie
Sun Jan 6 04:04:30 EST 2002

I know I'm a hopeless Anglophone, but does anyone else out there think that

"high in the hills where the green roads ran" is from something other than
DWJ's imagination. I would swear that line hit me with the force of Memory
when I first got going on the 4th Dalemark book.

Tanaqui

_OtherWind_
We slide our souls across the sky:
Glide forth on stretching wings and screaming rush
Through airy breadths in truth so wide aligned
That 'gainst their hopeful scope we merely brush.

The Wheel of Form will spin us other lives

Who are not gods
Who do not live forever
Still have stitched our silhouettes
                                  Black on bluest sky