Lots of catching up to do, so a very long post.

Nat Case ncase at hedbergmaps.com
Fri Jan 4 19:50:47 EST 2002

Thomas Thurman <tjat2 at thurman.org.uk> wrote:
>What connections would they have with the Hexwood universe, other than
>having a similar-sounding name? There weren't eight Reigners.

You know, I've never looked at the lyrics too closely, and I always
assumed it was "eight for the eight [bold?] raiders." All of the
online sources I can find (excepting the pagan variants) agree with
you though.

So what the heck is an April Rainer? I think it sounds like a
corruption of eight-something else. The rest of the verses are pretty
similarly structured... Who knows...
[see http://www.acronet.net/~robokopp/english/greengro.htm for what
the lyrics everyone else on the net seems to agree on...)

-Nat