Best of 2001

Thu Jan 3 02:33:45 EST 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 23:31:29 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Most fun reading - possibly Janet Evanovich, _Seven Up_, which I
>refuse to put in the guilty pleasures category.

Funny, I don't feel guilty about Evanovich either.  I suppose because
romance novels carry this sort of disreputability about them that thrillers
don't.  Or possibly I just have unattributed guilt to parcel out.  :)

Oh, another possible category would be DWJ Books Re-read, though I don't
keep track of that very well, since I mostly just pick them up when I feel
the need of comfort.  I know I read _Power of Three_ again at the beginning
of last year, and _Hexwood_ at the end.  I have no idea which other ones I
might have read in the middle.  But there's always at least one.

Melissa Proffitt