Library hold policy (was Re: freedom and necessity)

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 10:58:18 EST 2002

> Hum. That's generally not a good idea, not for the library necessarily (we
> just want to know who the books are on loan to) but for the person who has
> lent the card- they can suddenly find that the library is asking them to
> return or replace hundreds of [monetary units] worth of books that they
> have
> never seen.

I can seen your point, and I wouldn't give away my card. But I suppose the
Profs would rather give out written authorizations than fetch (and bring back)
all the books for themselves...
(Also, working in the public service, we've sworn to uphold the consitution.
Which probably inculdes not stealing books from your Prof or the library ;-)

Bettina

http://www.gmx.net