Second hand bookshops in Dublin.

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Feb 22 15:47:34 EST 2002

Sophie asked...

> So, do you know where there are some good second hand
> book shops in Dublin. Is there a particular area that
> is particularly bookish, or a particular shop that I
> should not miss? Any hints would be much appreciated.

The biggest is Chapters on Middle Abbey Street, just by the back
entrance to Arnotts.  Book Mart on Talbot Street (a bit up from
Connolly Station, on the left) sometimes has good stuff, despite the
preponderance of computer games.  Those are the two I really know
about...check out the Golden Pages if you want more
antiquarian/expensive stuff!

And try to get to Dublin on a Saturday sometime; on Saturdays there's
a wee book market (about 6 or 8 stalls, from various shops) in Temple
Bar.

HTH

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Where-e'er you find 'the cooling western breeze,'
In the next line, it 'whispers through the trees':
If crystal streams 'with pleasing murmurs creep,'
The reader's threaten'd (not in vain) with 'sleep'"
-Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"