Megan Whalen Turner

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at kline.com
Thu Feb 21 09:03:57 EST 2002

I have also just finished The Thief and will shortly be ordering The Queen
of Attolia on interlibrary loan.  I thought The Thief was not bad, but I
only started really liking it at the end when everything fell into place.
Part of the lack of enthusiasm might have been because I finished The Curse
of Chalion just before I started The Thief, and I loved it.  I have been
reading some very mediocre fantasies lately (I won't name names but some of
them are a couple of inches thick) and The Curse of Chalion was everything
they weren't.  I also liked it a lot better than most of the Miles/Cordelia
books.

OB DWJ - after reading the first of the fantasy bricks I had to go and
reread The Year of the Griffin to remind myself how good fantasy can be.

And now I think I am going to go and have a total break from fantasy and go
and read some Dick Francis.

Kylie