Rupert Venables

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 13:49:12 EST 2002

In a message dated 2/17/02 9:49:34 PM, Melissa at Proffitt.com writes:

<< but I wonder if DWJ uses character types in her various
books who are similar by *nature* and explores how they might grow up
differently due to *nurture*.   >>

Well she certainly reuses basic thematic elements in subsequent stories, why
not character types as well? Might be worth a line of inquery.

I sometimes wonder what I was thinking in previous readings, when something I
*thought* was unclear is,upon a second look, blindingly obvious.<<

Tell me about it. I just finished a third reading of Hexwood. What, I find
myself asking, was all that confusion about? As if I didn't bloody know...