On Being a Hot Babe (was Re: Hexwood -- Catchup)

Mon Feb 18 00:40:33 EST 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:14:34 -0800 (PST), Jenwa Hsung wrote:

>--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
>> The thing is, I'm not suggesting that he falls in
>> love with her *because*
>> his perceptions of her appearance change.  I'm
>> saying that as he falls in
>> love with her--because of her personality, because
>> he lets go of his
>> negative first impressions--her appearance becomes
>> dearer to him.  I had the
>> feeling that his usual type was more like Zinka,
>> tall and glamourous.
>
>wait!  suddenly very confused, and my copy of Deep
>Secret is lent out so i can't check this, but...
>isn't Zinka shortish and slightly plump, in a rather
>delicious way?  that was my impression... it's her
>personality that makes her seem so magnificent.

<grin> Yes, she is.  I came across it last night and suddenly wondered where
I'd gotten "tall" from.  My mistake.  But she is actually beautiful in
addition to being very nice, and she dresses magnificently as well.

Now that I've finished it, I have more thoughts, but I'm too tired to deal
with them tonight.  Appearance is *very* important in this book, in all
different ways....

Melissa Proffitt