DWJ: OT Books query

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 19:35:47 EST 2002

--- Gross Family <argross at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> While looking up _The League of Extraordinary
> Gentlemen_ on various book
> sites I came across _Promethea_, also by Alan Moore
> and thought it sounded
> like a book (or I assume, also a collection of comic
> books?) I'd love. Has
> anyone read this and got an opinion/reaction about
> it?

i loved _Promethea_.  in some ways, i think i liked it
even more that _The League of Extraordinary
Gentlemen_.  _Promethea_ is, in short, about the
meta-concepts of myth and super-heroism, embedded into
a fascinating storyline with many interesting and
complex characters.  also, i thought the art quite
beautiful, in glossy sort of way.
very worth reading.
i read it around the same time period in which i read
both Neil Gaiman's _American Gods_ and Connie Willis's
_Passage_, so i was sort of immersed in a mythic
mindset at the time, so that may have colored my
perceptions of it.  but it's definitely worth reading.

--jenwa.