On Being a Hot Babe (was Re: Hexwood -- Catchup)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 19:14:34 EST 2002

--- Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:
> The thing is, I'm not suggesting that he falls in
> love with her *because*
> his perceptions of her appearance change.  I'm
> saying that as he falls in
> love with her--because of her personality, because
> he lets go of his
> negative first impressions--her appearance becomes
> dearer to him.  I had the
> feeling that his usual type was more like Zinka,
> tall and glamourous.

wait!  suddenly very confused, and my copy of Deep
Secret is lent out so i can't check this, but...
isn't Zinka shortish and slightly plump, in a rather
delicious way?  that was my impression... it's her
personality that makes her seem so magnificent.

> (The description of Maree's yellow claw-like nails
> fascinated me.  My nails
> always start breaking on stuff when they get longer
> than about half an inch.
> I've been trying to remember if I've ever seen nails
> of that texture on real
> people, but can only think of ancient China and
> Reigner Three's jade nail
> shields or whatever they were.  It's probably some
> kind of Magid trait.)

a friend of mine during high school had nails such as
these.  i can't remember the term she used for it, but
her nails were much thicker than most people's and
could grow to enormous lengths.
on the other hand, if i were picking people of my
acquaintance who could be Magids, she'd be extremely
high on the list, probably in the top 5.

--jenwa.