Kage Baker (was Re: OT Other Books)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sat Feb 16 17:09:56 EST 2002

Melissa:

>  >Anyone read the Company books by Kage Baker?  I read the first one
>>and liked it but not enough to order others from the States without
>>someone recommending the way the series is going.
>
>I like the series very much.  I think if you didn't adore it, it might be a
>good idea to at least get the second book and see how you feel about that
>one, because it's not terribly similar to _In the Garden of Iden_.  (But try
>not to pay too much.)

That's the problem - they don't seem to have been published over here
(afaik anyway), and so don't turn up in libraries or second-hand book
shops.  But thanks for the info about the series - I will try to get
the second one.

[snipped]

I don't remember much of a feeling of similarity with Connie Willis
in ItGoI, but did feel that about the ss, which is called "The
Caravan from Troon".  Most like "Uncharted Territory", I think.

Hallie.