DWJ: OT Books set at universities

Elizabeth Parks mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sat Feb 16 06:23:03 EST 2002

My current dislike is the Personalities who Discover Harry Potter. They
hold
forth about it with absolutely no idea of the fantasy that predates it.
"It's the best!" But they haven't "read the rest". Or anything, since
Narnia.

Sallyo.

me:

My current dislike is for bookstore clerks who are like this.  Drives me
crazy!  They should know better.  Or the bookstore clerks who look down on
genre fiction (romance, sf, fantasy, ya, mysteries, horror).  I dislike
the whole mentality: if it's not trade paperback (and therefore pricier,
you will note!  conspiracy?  I think perhaps!) it's not worth it.  This
is why I want to do my thesis on something totally pulp--last week's great
topic idea was the little religion books you find in the supermarket that
talk about the end of the world and refer to Revelation as plural.  *Love*
those.

lizzie