OT Other Books

Gross Family argross at bigpond.net.au
Fri Feb 15 22:53:42 EST 2002

Tarja wrote:

> I didn't like the first Artemis Fowl book either. It was ok, but it didn't
> work for me. And it *so* clearly spelt that it was the first part of a
> series (and trying to get in on the HP fan market...).

I didn't overly enjoy _Artemis Fowl_ either. It had a lot going for
it--interesting characters and a great premise, but it lacked something.
Although I found the beginning quite intriguing, it settled into being a
straightforward set of events, too superficial, or something....can't quite
put my finger on what was wrong or missing for me.

And yes, I agree that it was trying too hard to be the first of a new
series.

Ros