OT Other Books

Alex alex.mb at zoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 09:46:28 EST 2002

> lizzie wrote:
>
> >The Wind Singer by William Nicholson.  This is another one that caught my
> >eye in a bookstore but I wanted to get some outside opinions
> before I read
> >it.
Jennifer said
> Um. I thought it was good but I didn't *like* it enough to buy it. Can't
> quite put my finger on why. T

The sequel was much better - less grotesque and seemed more developed.

> If you see Artemis Fowl (by Eoin Colfer) in the kids section, read it too.
> That one, I both found good *and* enjoyed.

Sorry but I HATED it - luckily got it from the library.

Read a very weird book by Ann Halam a while ago - can't remember what it was
called but it was about a scientist doing genetic experiments on children
and mutating them. It was really good until half way though when it all got
too contrived and then we ended up with the all too convenient happy ending.
I found it difficult to read the bit where the girl's breastbone has started
to form into that of a bird and it begins to pierce her skin and cause
intense pain.

Alex