OT Other Books

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 09:16:16 EST 2002

lizzie wrote:

>The Wind Singer by William Nicholson.  This is another one that caught my
>eye in a bookstore but I wanted to get some outside opinions before I read
>it.  Anyone?

Um. I thought it was good but I didn't *like* it enough to buy it. Can't
quite put my finger on why. Tastes vary so much I can't predict if you'll
love it, but it's certainly well worth requesting from the library or
finding a bookshop where you can read a couple of chapters. (The plot was
fine, it was something about the style that I found not so compelling, so if
you get on with the start you'll probably enjoy it a lot.) It reminded me
slightly of "Nicobobinus" by Terry Jones, if you've read that.

If you see Artemis Fowl (by Eoin Colfer) in the kids section, read it too.
That one, I both found good *and* enjoyed.

Jennifer