Dreams

Caleb W SCWoody423 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 15:53:57 EST 2002

I have some pretty interesting dreams, but few of them have anything
resembling a coherent plot. I sometimes dream bits and pieces that come from
books, based on them in a loose way. I try and write in my spare time, but
despite attempts haven't been able to use anything from my dreams in a
useful way yet, although the story I'm currently writing has some bits and
pieces from a dream I had.

I seem to have more dreams influenced by books and things now than I
remember having. I dreamed the other night that I was in Middle Earth. I was
very impressed with "The Crown of Dalemark", and that seems to have cropped
up in that I had a dream with me travelling by train and being transported
to another world. When I heard some people talking about the foretold
saviour from another world I thought "Uh,oh, here we go". I used to have
quite a lot of dreams with Daleks in until fairly recently, probably due to
the repeat of "Genesis of the Daleks" on BBC2. The claustrophobic feel of
the Daleks coming and not being able to escape them really got to me.
Although since I got the DVD of "Remembrance of the Daleks" the dreams about
them have stopped. Perhaps it's something to do with having the Doctor
(Sylvester McCoy) make fun of them on the commentary track and explaining
how they climbed up stairs :)

Caleb W.