OT: Book suggestions

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun Feb 10 18:15:07 EST 2002

Elizabeth:

>and then Dorian added:
><snip>
>>  I'm supposed to be leading a discussion on such on another list, in a
>>  couple of months' time (and if anyone has a book set at a British
>>  college/uni in the early 20th century that I could borrow, I'd be very
>>  grateful!).
>
>Dorian, is Gaudy Night by Dorothy L. Sayers too late for you? (set in the
>1930s I think).

Great minds.  Good thing you can read though, as I hadn't even
noticed the "early" bit, and was also going to suggest _Lucky Jim_.
Another possibility might be _Testament of Experience_, though I
haven't read it recently enough to remember how much of it is in uni.
I liked _Testament of Youth_ better, though they're both good.

Any more info on the kind of thing you need, Dorian?

Hallie.