Dreams

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Sun Feb 10 11:25:33 EST 2002

For those of you who form strong mental images of the things you read, do
they ever pop up in dreams?  Not a setting, or a plot, but the form of a
character or object, in a different context.  Like for instance, last night
I dreamt that my knee hurt (I was sleeping on my bad knee kinda oddly, so
it wasn't that strange to dream that it hurt)  and that I decided I needed
something to lean on, so I went to the bookstore and they were giving away
free all natural crutches.  So I took one, and it looked exactly like my
mental image of the crutch in Stardust that Tristran makes for the woman's
broken leg.  I didn't realize that the two had the same image in my dream,
but in my dream I did get a strong deja vu feeling when I saw it, and the
fact that the two images were the same was the first thing I noticed when I
woke up.  This is the first time I've ever had book-stuff be in
dreams...anyone else?  Does this happen regularly for anyone?

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for eventually
it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel