OT: Book suggestions

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 9 13:55:57 EST 2002

>*rummages through mind* I hope my memory serves me
>right here. What about Stephen Fry's The Liar. I
>thought it pretty entertaining stuff. I do believe
>they were in the uni at that time. But I could be
>wrong, it's  been a long time since I touched that
>book. And it's certainly not a children's book.

The Liar is only set in a small part in a university, and mostly it is
about Fry, not about uni life. I guess it depends on the specifics of the
assignment. It certainly has an hilarious scene set in a university staff
meeting.

Another adult suggestion would be Small World by David Lodge which is about
going to conferences, so it is set at several universities. Any of his
campus novels are pretty good. Changing Places is the most straightforward,
I guess, although maybe a bit dated now. The newest one is "Thinks" - might
be a more interesting choice.

Robyn