Re Looks in Fire and Hemlock

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 20:47:28 EST 2002

Jennifer said

>But Polly pretty much instantly takes
>against Laurel. It's explained at first that Polly
and >Nina have dressed
>up in black, and Polly, not knowing that there is a
>funeral going on, sees
>a glimpse of a black skirt going round a door into
>Hunsdon House and
>thinks it must be Nina- but also when she meets
Laurel >she thinks she is
>"plump and pretty". So Laurel's elegance isn't the
>>elegance I had been picturing. This also made me
>wonder if she's plump at
>the funeral because she's just absorbed the life of
>the woman who died, or
>something nasty like that.

what a horrible idea Jennifer -- I love it.
Morton Leroy was certainly suffering from 18 years
waiting (twice his usual wait) for a man to die. I
wonder if Laurel's only needing a life every 81 years
means she was stronger or that women provided a richer
life force or something.......

=====
Ven

.......... almost everyone is boring some kind of reader
or other.

Pamela Dean Dyer-Bennet