Christopher Chant - Brat? (Was: Re: Hexwood again)

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Feb 7 19:07:35 EST 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Caleb W wrote:

> A changed perception of oneself seems to come up a few times in
> DWJ's books - for example, (possible slight spoiler)  Mig seeing
> herself in "Black Maria". One very interesting book I read was told
> in the form of two accounts of events, one by a police officer and
> one by a writer, which overlapped and sometimes contradicted each
> other. It was very interesting in showing how the characters
> perceived each other.

Which reminds me of something I noticed last time I read _Deep Secret_
-- in the one scene that Rupert's and Maree's accounts overlap, their
first meeting, they contradict each other about what, exactly, each of
them said and did. Rupert, for instance, is considerably less polite
in Maree's recollection than in his own.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."