Christopher Chant - Brat? (Was: Re: Hexwood again)

Caleb W SCWoody423 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 16:14:44 EST 2002

Personally, I didn't find it hard to warm to him. IIRC, the first time I
read the book it wasn't something I noticed much until he did (I hope this
doesn't reflect on my character!) A changed perception of oneself seems to
come up a few times in DWJ's books - for example, (possible slight spoiler)
Mig seeing herself in "Black Maria". One very interesting book I read was
told in the form of two accounts of events, one by a police officer and one
by a writer, which overlapped and sometimes contradicted each other. It was
very interesting in showing how the characters perceived each other.

Caleb W.