Deep Secret (Was Re: On Being a Hot Babe

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 06:14:50 EST 2002

Venkarel wrote:
>BTW, can't you fit Andrew into the fairytale motif
>somewhere?  Or from a mythological point of view.  It
>feels familiar, but I can't pin it down.

Um, the Hidden King, or the Holy Fool, maybe? I rarely notice mythological
refs unless they're really blatant, unless someone mentions that there are
some so I go looking.
I liked that subplot, the first time I read the book it was a complete
surprise, and then re-reading I noticed the funny things that happen that
are really clues, only Rupert's too busy to follow them up!
Jennifere