OT Bookstores

Katherine Ferguson k.ferguson at maulu.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 15:19:54 EST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
>Oh, that sounds *painful*!  I've heard about Hay-on-Wye, but it
>seemed as if it might be one of those "can't get there from here"
>kind of places.  Anybody happen to know about train/bus services to
>it?

It *is* possible on public transport, but severely curbs how much you
buy (or should do... see below). Last September we got a train to
Hereford and then country bus to Haye. Nearly injured myself carrying
all the books (rucksack and shoulder bag and I think three carrier bags
full...) between the bus station and railway station in Hereford on the
way back - luckily they're pretty close and there's a supermarket
halfway along with trolleys ;-)

I got DWJ The Four Grannies for free that trip - a little scrap of a
book that hadn't had a price marked. However I was far more successful
getting paperback Heyer and crime novels, and hardback architecture,
rather than children's books that I collect.
--
Katherine Ferguson