OT Bookstores

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Sat Feb 2 00:01:09 EST 2002

Hay-on-Wye is an absolutely fabulous place.  When I traveled to England a
few years ago, I rented a car and braved drving on the "wrong" side of
the road just so I could go to Hay-on-Wye.  I bought so many books that I
almost couldn't get them all hauled onto the plane home!

The sequel to Daddy Long-Legs is Dear Enemy, which was in print just a
few years ago, and may still be.  Judy appears only peripherally; the
story is about her friend (Sally?) taking over and running the orphanage
along much more modern lines.  Jean Webster also wrote a couple of
"Patty" books which are quite funny in a Daddy Long-Legs sort of way, but
those you have to find used and they're kind of expensive.

Jackie Stallcup