His Dark Materials radio adaptation

Anna Z Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Tue Dec 31 14:34:53 EST 2002

The wonderful BBC Radio 4 are about to broadcast an adaptation of His Dark
Materials. Check this link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatson/prog_parse.cgi?FILENAME=20030104/20030
104_1430_49700_10958_150

You can listen to it online, I think.
At the moment (all this week) the Afternoon play on Radio 4 is E. Nesbit's
The Magic City (2.15 PM Mon-Fri this wk). It was referred to in trailers as
'her little-known masterpiece' - I read it in Polish translation years ago
and have never seen an English copy, it must have been out of print or
something. It was always my Nesbit favourite.
And Huckleberry Finn is R4's classic serial at the mo.
Radio 4 is on : www.bbc.co.uk/radio4
Happy New Year, list!
Ania